Charles Barkley ends talks with LIV Golf, stays with TNT

Charles Barkley ends talks with LIV Golf, stays with TNT

[ad_1]

Charles Barkley has ended discussions with LIV Golf and will remain an NBA broadcaster, the Basketball Hall of Famer told the New York Post.

“I want to thank Greg Norman and LIV for their interest in me,” Barkley said. “I wish those guys the best of luck and nothing but the best. But, in my interest, and to be fair to Turner — because Turner and basketball have given me everything in my life — it’s best for me to move on and stay with Turner for the rest of my TV career.”

The Saudi-backed LIV Golf Series did not offer a contract to Barclays before deciding to continue, according to the New York Post. On Thursday, Barkley told ESPN that he doesn’t want TNT and its sponsors to wait too long to make a decision.

This weekend, Barkley, an avid golfer, revealed he had the opportunity to join LIV Golf’s pro-am at Trump National in Bedminster, NJ as a broadcaster, previously with LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman.

Barkley, 59, has been an NBA analyst on the Emmy Award-winning show on TNT since 2000.

On Wednesday, LIV Golf officially unveiled its 2023 plan. The controversial new circuit announced the launch of the LIV Golf League next year, which will feature 48 players from 12 established team franchises competing for a total prize purse of $405 million over 14 tournaments. Schedule.

LIV Golf and the king-sized ambition behind the game on the brink

Go deeper

LIV Golf and the king-sized ambition behind the game on the brink

(Photo: John Jones / USA TODAY)

[ad_2]

contributor

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.