of Kentucky Wildcats The men’s basketball team has a new opponent for the upcoming season, and it’s a big one.
During a flood of UK telethon for Eastern Kentucky, head coach John Calipari announced that his Wildcats will face the Gonzaga Bulldogs on Nov. 20 in Spokane. Gonzaga head coach Mark Few, who did it to praise UK’s efforts to help flood victims, also appeared on the video board in a surprise appearance for Calipari to announce the big play.
This will be a home-and-home series that will see Gonzaga play at Rupp Arena in the 2023-24 season.
Gonzaga is currently the No. 1 team in the. CBS Sports preseason rankings for the 2022-23 college basketball season (The UK is number 4).
It’s safe to say that Kentucky has one of, if not the toughest conference schedule of any team in America right now.
- November 15: Michigan State (Champions Classic) | Gainbridge Field House, Indianapolis, IN
- November 20Gonzaga Bulldogs | McCarthey Athletic Center Arena, Spokane, Washington
- November 29Bellarmine | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
- December 4: Michigan (Basketball Hall of Fame London Showcase) | The O2 Arena, London, England
- December 17: UCLA (CBS Sports Classic) | Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
- December 31: Louisville | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
- January 28: Kansas (SEC / Big 12 Challenge) | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
- TBA: Duquesne | Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
- SEC home gamesArkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.
- SEC road gamesAlabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Mississippi StateMissouri, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.