The sports world responded to Paul Gallen’s announcement

The sports world responded to Paul Gallen’s announcement

[ad_1]

Paul Gallen, pictured here in the boxing ring.

Paul Gallen is ready to return to the ring for two fights in one night. Image: Getty

Paul Gallen has confirmed surprising reports that he will return to the boxing ring this year and fight twice in one night.

The retired NRL champion They spoke Wide world of sports On Wednesday, he hopes to fight back-to-back fights with Justin Hodges and another former Queenslander in September.

‘sad news’ The boxing competition was shaken by the tragic death of the Aussie legend

‘Shameful’: The boxing world smokes on controversial shows

While details have yet to be finalised, former Brisbane Broncos and Sydney Roster star Hodges is expected to be one of Gallen’s opponents.

“I suspect that the road he’s been carrying lately will be one of them,” Galen said.

“I’m not sure about the other one – he’ll be a football player, but he won’t be Justice Huney.”

Galen says it will be more like fighting two opponents for half a fight each, rather than two separate matches.

“I’m definitely hoping it’ll be in Queensland…in two Queenslanders (versus). Have a sense of the starting point about it,” he said.

“I’d say six or eight three-minute rounds, and two opponents each do half. That’s what I think it’s going to be. It’s really just one fight, just two opponents.”

After retiring from the NRL at the end of the 2016 season, Galen turned his hand to the box..

He won 12 of his 15 professional fights, with both The loss of Huni and Kris Terzievski.

Paul Gallen pictured playing with Chris Terzewski at Newcastle.

Paul Gallen against Chris Terciewski at Newcastle. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)

His last fight in May was a unanimous decision loss against Terzewski.

Galen has confirmed that he will hang up the boxing gloves at some point this year, but he is still holding on Hope to fight the great Sonny Bill Williams.

“I told everyone this is the last year, I have one more fight scheduled for December, I don’t know who it is,” he said.

“It could be, I don’t know. But this is definitely my last year. It’s going to be a real six-eight round fight at the end of the year, if it happens.”

Fans reacted widely to the news of Gallen’s dual bout, with many calling the idea a bad image for boxing.

Are Paul Gallen and Sonny Bill Williams fighting?

Gallen and Williams are going back and forth. The couple, who have clashed behind the scenes on the Channel 9 set for a number of years, revealed last month about their potential fight.

During the post-match segment hosted by Cameron Smith and James Bracey after the NRL game, the conversation turned to the feud between Gallen and SBW.

“We were putting on a good show after the game, we were having a bit of fun,” Smith later said on SN radio.

“And suddenly he went from reviewing the Warriors-Parramatta match to Sonny Bill Williams and Gall talking about why they haven’t organized a fight yet.

“They were stuck together. I was in the middle of it – James Bracey was at the end of the show – and I had to laugh a little bit at first but it went on.

“Then I looked at Bracey and said, ‘Is that G-up?’ But they continued for about 10 minutes.

Paul Gallen, pictured during the 2021 NRL match between Penrith Panthers and Newcastle Knights.

Paul Gallen looks on at the 2021 NRL game between Penrith Panthers and Newcastle Knights. (Photo by Jason McCauley/Getty Images)

Things spilled after the cameras stopped rolling, and Gallen and Williams continued their verbal conversation as they left the set.

The soccer champions have been at loggerheads for years, each accusing the other of failing to reach an agreement.

Gallen was reportedly happy to take a 50-50 split, but the SBW camp wants a bigger slice of the pie, believing the man brings more to the table due to his huge international profile across two codes.

During the on-air beef, Williams could be heard telling Gallen: “You know the deal, bro, you know the deal. Sign it, bro.”

Gallen then said he was unaware of the deal, which Williams said the manager had recently told Gallen’s manager that they wanted a 60-40 split.

Click here Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest and hottest news from Australia and around the world.

[ad_2]

contributor

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.